login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Instant Pot!  (Read 71997 times)

Description:

Offline BensMom

Re: Instant Pot!
« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
I might try that without the cinnamon. Cinnamon is for breakfast. Unless you're having breakfast for dinner.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #586 on: October 27, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
This isnít an IP recipe, but I thought Iíd post it because of the spice combination with cinnamon. The dates melt into the stew, and the spices are warm and layered, and thereís a little heat if you use the chili flakes. Itís not overly sweet.  The cookbook version also suggests serving with green olives. Itís one of my all time favorite recipesóreminds me of a lamb stew my mother used to make when I was a kid. Seems like a common Moroccan spice combo, might pair well with different meats as well.

https://thefirstmess.com/2013/09/26/moroccan-style-vegan-vegetable-chickpea-stew-recipe/
I made this today to have later in the week.  OMG, it is amazing. When I serve it Iíll wilt some spinach in and finish it with some grated lemon, serve over basmati rice. Thanks Buttons!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline buttons

« Reply #587 on: October 28, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
That sounds deliciousóIím glad you liked it!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #588 on: October 28, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Oh wow. Iím so glad I opened this thread. I donít typically, but that looks amazing, Buttons!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2020, 09:50:47 AM »
I might try that without the cinnamon. Cinnamon is for breakfast. Unless you're having breakfast for dinner.

This made me laugh.

To me, cinnamon is for desert. When I eat anything with cinnamon for breakfast I feel like I should sneak it so my parents wonít see. Lol

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #590 on: July 05, 2020, 07:31:39 AM »
Does anyone cook spaghetti in their IP?

Every time I try I get the BURN message. What am I doing wrong?

I broke pasta in half and dropped it in kind of criss-crossed. Added about 4 cups water, one cans spaghetti sauce and one can diced tomatoes. It was all (just) below the max fill line.

It never actually came to pressure, and got the BURN message. Opened it, stirred, added more water. Repeat.

It tasted fine, but what mess to clean up.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #591 on: July 05, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »
I am no help.

That "burn" message is why my Instant Pot is now collecting dust!  I used it for a year with great successes.  Now I can not figure out why it keeps turning on even though what is inside is not burned.  And yes, same thing, never gets up to pressure.  I was so frustrated.  It did not matter what I was cooking.  I had to keep tossing badly cooked stuff or finishing my dinner on the stove top.  Kind of defeats the purpose of one pot cooking!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #592 on: July 05, 2020, 07:45:47 PM »
You may need a new plastic ring. They can get a bit stretched and not seal.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #593 on: July 06, 2020, 03:08:02 PM »
Oh, good to know.  Maybe I will try again.  I have another ring I bought for non spicy stuff and rarely have used it.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: Yesterday at 08:18:23 PM »
The one time I tried red sauce and meatballs in the IP, it scorched on the bottom.  Iíve only done pasta for Mac and cheese, so not spaghetti shape, and itís only 4-5 minutes.  My kids donít eat saucy pasta, so thereís no pint in doing it in the pot.  We like it al dente, too, so better just on the stove.  Then, everyone has it how they like it, in terms of sauciness or mone(dd), or just meat and veggie(me).
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy