imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Instant Pot!  (Read 132149 times)

Description:

Offline BensMom

Re: Instant Pot!
« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
I might try that without the cinnamon. Cinnamon is for breakfast. Unless you're having breakfast for dinner.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #586 on: October 27, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
This isn’t an IP recipe, but I thought I’d post it because of the spice combination with cinnamon. The dates melt into the stew, and the spices are warm and layered, and there’s a little heat if you use the chili flakes. It’s not overly sweet.  The cookbook version also suggests serving with green olives. It’s one of my all time favorite recipes—reminds me of a lamb stew my mother used to make when I was a kid. Seems like a common Moroccan spice combo, might pair well with different meats as well.

https://thefirstmess.com/2013/09/26/moroccan-style-vegan-vegetable-chickpea-stew-recipe/
I made this today to have later in the week.  OMG, it is amazing. When I serve it I’ll wilt some spinach in and finish it with some grated lemon, serve over basmati rice. Thanks Buttons!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline buttons

« Reply #587 on: October 28, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
That sounds delicious—I’m glad you liked it!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #588 on: October 28, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Oh wow. I’m so glad I opened this thread. I don’t typically, but that looks amazing, Buttons!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2020, 09:50:47 AM »
I might try that without the cinnamon. Cinnamon is for breakfast. Unless you're having breakfast for dinner.

This made me laugh.

To me, cinnamon is for desert. When I eat anything with cinnamon for breakfast I feel like I should sneak it so my parents won’t see. Lol

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #590 on: July 05, 2020, 07:31:39 AM »
Does anyone cook spaghetti in their IP?

Every time I try I get the BURN message. What am I doing wrong?

I broke pasta in half and dropped it in kind of criss-crossed. Added about 4 cups water, one cans spaghetti sauce and one can diced tomatoes. It was all (just) below the max fill line.

It never actually came to pressure, and got the BURN message. Opened it, stirred, added more water. Repeat.

It tasted fine, but what mess to clean up.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #591 on: July 05, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »
I am no help.

That "burn" message is why my Instant Pot is now collecting dust!  I used it for a year with great successes.  Now I can not figure out why it keeps turning on even though what is inside is not burned.  And yes, same thing, never gets up to pressure.  I was so frustrated.  It did not matter what I was cooking.  I had to keep tossing badly cooked stuff or finishing my dinner on the stove top.  Kind of defeats the purpose of one pot cooking!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #592 on: July 05, 2020, 07:45:47 PM »
You may need a new plastic ring. They can get a bit stretched and not seal.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #593 on: July 06, 2020, 03:08:02 PM »
Oh, good to know.  Maybe I will try again.  I have another ring I bought for non spicy stuff and rarely have used it.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: July 07, 2020, 08:18:23 PM »
The one time I tried red sauce and meatballs in the IP, it scorched on the bottom.  I’ve only done pasta for Mac and cheese, so not spaghetti shape, and it’s only 4-5 minutes.  My kids don’t eat saucy pasta, so there’s no pint in doing it in the pot.  We like it al dente, too, so better just on the stove.  Then, everyone has it how they like it, in terms of sauciness or mone(dd), or just meat and veggie(me).
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »
Just putting this here for future reference:

https://cookiesandcups.com/instant-pot-dulce-de-leche/
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #596 on: February 11, 2021, 06:23:54 PM »
Posting for future.

https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-hamburger-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-5978

I miss beef stew, but the only beef I can eat is ground beef. (Quality of beef doesn’t matter. And I do realize how weird this sounds, but a support group I’m in it appears this is very common.)

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #597 on: March 17, 2021, 02:13:20 PM »
This is for dinner tonight. Pretty much the same as my chicken noodle soup, but rice instead of noodles.

https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/instant-pot-chicken-rice-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-22746

EDITED TO ADD:  I cooked the veggies the same as when I make with noodles. And I didn’t add water, all liquid I added was chicken broth. It was good, but flavour was not as strong as with noodles. Needs more seasoning added to veggies and/or chicken.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:39:10 PM by SilverLining »

Offline BensMom

« Reply #598 on: October 11, 2021, 07:50:39 PM »
Made this tonight and everyone liked it. And it's a little bit different than anything else I make.

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-potsticker-bowls/

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #599 on: October 12, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »
Wow, that looks good.  :yes:
N.E. US