Instant Pot!

Started by becca, August 20, 2016, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BensMom

I might try that without the cinnamon. Cinnamon is for breakfast. Unless you're having breakfast for dinner.

GoingNuts

Quote from: buttons on October 24, 2019, 12:42:55 PM
This isn't an IP recipe, but I thought I'd post it because of the spice combination with cinnamon. The dates melt into the stew, and the spices are warm and layered, and there's a little heat if you use the chili flakes. It's not overly sweet.  The cookbook version also suggests serving with green olives. It's one of my all time favorite recipes—reminds me of a lamb stew my mother used to make when I was a kid. Seems like a common Moroccan spice combo, might pair well with different meats as well.

https://thefirstmess.com/2013/09/26/moroccan-style-vegan-vegetable-chickpea-stew-recipe/
I made this today to have later in the week.  OMG, it is amazing. When I serve it I'll wilt some spinach in and finish it with some grated lemon, serve over basmati rice. Thanks Buttons!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

buttons

That sounds delicious—I'm glad you liked it!

Macabre

Oh wow. I'm so glad I opened this thread. I don't typically, but that looks amazing, Buttons!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

SilverLining

Quote from: BensMom on October 24, 2019, 04:27:51 PM
I might try that without the cinnamon. Cinnamon is for breakfast. Unless you're having breakfast for dinner.

This made me laugh.

To me, cinnamon is for desert. When I eat anything with cinnamon for breakfast I feel like I should sneak it so my parents won't see. Lol

SilverLining

Does anyone cook spaghetti in their IP?

Every time I try I get the BURN message. What am I doing wrong?

I broke pasta in half and dropped it in kind of criss-crossed. Added about 4 cups water, one cans spaghetti sauce and one can diced tomatoes. It was all (just) below the max fill line.

It never actually came to pressure, and got the BURN message. Opened it, stirred, added more water. Repeat.

It tasted fine, but what mess to clean up.

PurpleCat

I am no help.

That "burn" message is why my Instant Pot is now collecting dust!  I used it for a year with great successes.  Now I can not figure out why it keeps turning on even though what is inside is not burned.  And yes, same thing, never gets up to pressure.  I was so frustrated.  It did not matter what I was cooking.  I had to keep tossing badly cooked stuff or finishing my dinner on the stove top.  Kind of defeats the purpose of one pot cooking!

SilverLining

You may need a new plastic ring. They can get a bit stretched and not seal.

PurpleCat

Oh, good to know.  Maybe I will try again.  I have another ring I bought for non spicy stuff and rarely have used it.

becca

The one time I tried red sauce and meatballs in the IP, it scorched on the bottom.  I've only done pasta for Mac and cheese, so not spaghetti shape, and it's only 4-5 minutes.  My kids don't eat saucy pasta, so there's no pint in doing it in the pot.  We like it al dente, too, so better just on the stove.  Then, everyone has it how they like it, in terms of sauciness or mone(dd), or just meat and veggie(me).
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

GoingNuts

N.E. US

SilverLining

Posting for future.

https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-hamburger-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-5978

I miss beef stew, but the only beef I can eat is ground beef. (Quality of beef doesn't matter. And I do realize how weird this sounds, but a support group I'm in it appears this is very common.)

SilverLining

This is for dinner tonight. Pretty much the same as my chicken noodle soup, but rice instead of noodles.

https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/instant-pot-chicken-rice-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-22746

EDITED TO ADD:  I cooked the veggies the same as when I make with noodles. And I didn't add water, all liquid I added was chicken broth. It was good, but flavour was not as strong as with noodles. Needs more seasoning added to veggies and/or chicken.

BensMom

Made this tonight and everyone liked it. And it's a little bit different than anything else I make.

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-potsticker-bowls/

GoingNuts

N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview