FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Instant Pot!

<< < (119/122) > >>

SilverLining:
Does anyone cook spaghetti in their IP?

Every time I try I get the BURN message. What am I doing wrong?

I broke pasta in half and dropped it in kind of criss-crossed. Added about 4 cups water, one cans spaghetti sauce and one can diced tomatoes. It was all (just) below the max fill line.

It never actually came to pressure, and got the BURN message. Opened it, stirred, added more water. Repeat.

It tasted fine, but what mess to clean up.

PurpleCat:
I am no help.

That "burn" message is why my Instant Pot is now collecting dust!  I used it for a year with great successes.  Now I can not figure out why it keeps turning on even though what is inside is not burned.  And yes, same thing, never gets up to pressure.  I was so frustrated.  It did not matter what I was cooking.  I had to keep tossing badly cooked stuff or finishing my dinner on the stove top.  Kind of defeats the purpose of one pot cooking!

SilverLining:
You may need a new plastic ring. They can get a bit stretched and not seal.

PurpleCat:
Oh, good to know.  Maybe I will try again.  I have another ring I bought for non spicy stuff and rarely have used it.

becca:
The one time I tried red sauce and meatballs in the IP, it scorched on the bottom.  I’ve only done pasta for Mac and cheese, so not spaghetti shape, and it’s only 4-5 minutes.  My kids don’t eat saucy pasta, so there’s no pint in doing it in the pot.  We like it al dente, too, so better just on the stove.  Then, everyone has it how they like it, in terms of sauciness or mone(dd), or just meat and veggie(me).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version