Instant Pot!

Started by becca, August 20, 2016, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

Trying a frozen salmon fillet, rather large, a generous two portions sized single piece.  After some googling, tried 4 mins. then QR.  Not done.  added 2 mins and ran it again, QR.  Still felt a bit of frozen crunch in the center when I used my instant thermometer.  Doing another 2 minutes.  Will let you know how it turns out.  I do not like overdone salmon, but do want it cooked through. 

It is finally done after the last round.  So, it was a total of 8 minutes, but if I had not interrupted it the two times, maybe it would not need a full 8 minutes from the get-go.  If I do it again, I will start with 6 minutes, and 5 mins NPR.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Stinky10

Becca we eat salmon a lot and I've seen lots of posts of it done in the IP - that's going to take a lot for me to do

I just bake it - salt, olive oil, lemon if I have it and pepper

I just hate the white stuff (I think its protein - albumen?) that come out

anyway- My pork is the best that I have ever made!  DS just asked for seconds....on his pork snack - on English muffin with melted provolone

I added a cap and half of hickory - liquid smoke -

now cooking red beans in the pork liquid in the IP - I hope the salt in the liquid doesn't make them hard

I love a dish of pork, red beans, and greens with an egg on top!   Need to send DH to store to get greens!

and chick peas  - still craving hummus - not buying dry though - maybe next time
Spanking cats for 40 years!

krasota

I'm refining my baked beans recipe. If it works tonight, I'll post it. 
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Stinky10

I should have used my chicken broth = the pork "broth" was too salty and the beans aren't right....

becca

Stinky, I usually bake or grill salmon, also. This was a piece I had in the freezer and I decided I wanted it tonight...let dh have some leftover pork we had.  It was not over done and no albumin.  It surpassed my expectations in terms of texture.  If I had fresh piece, I'd just bake it or grill it.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Stinky10

there are so many recipes
I want to try a risotto
I also want to try like a chicken yakisoba - so like chicken terryaki with spaghetti noodles and a few veggies
and I want to try yougurt
and maybe a meatloaf
I want to do PIP
oh....I gotta work....no cooking tonight going to my GF's house..... yay!

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Stinky10

Pot in Pot GIRL!

get with it!

you can put a bowl on top of your chicken thighs and have rice and water in the bowl.....hold please I'll find a link....stay right there...don't google jon hams penis.....

just wait...

http://instantpot.com/portuguese-chicken-and-rice/

GoingNuts

Ooooh, that does look good.  I was referring to the Portuguese Chivken, of course, not cooking John Hamm's penis in an Insrant Pot.   ;D
N.E. US

YouKnowWho

DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

GoingNuts

Hahaha!

OMG, I seriously fell in love with my Instant Pot all over again tonight. I was craving my Grandma's chicken, but was seriously not digging the thought of waiting 2 hours for it to cook.

I seasoned and browned the chicken, cut up the veggies, dumped them in the Pot with 1 1/4 cups of water.  Cooked on high for 15 minutes, NPR for 15 and voila! Grandma's chicken. Served over egg noodles with roasted cauliflower.  And I had the time to make PC's cookies.  :-)
N.E. US

Stinky10

what veggies? 

I'm afraid that they'll turn to mush

whole chicken in there now - with left over broth from last chicken, half a lemon and that's it

20 mins

Macabre

So I watched part of the video here and saw the IP in action for the first time. It beeps. Yikes. I buy appliances based on whether I can turn the beep off.  Can you turn it off in your IP?

http://fortworth.citymomsblog.com/2017/01/12/fear-not-the-instant-pot/

Also---great examples of a Fort Worth accent. I do not have it, but I have many friends who do!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

GoingNuts

Onions, carrots and celery.  They are more for flavoring the broth than eating, though I used really big, thick carrots and they held their body.
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview