The oldest epipen(s) that I have are from

Before 2004
Before 2006
Before 2008
Before 2010
Before 2012
I don't keep old ones
I keep a few, or most of them
Most of my expired epipens were never heat damaged that I know of (exposed to temps above 32C/90F for more than an hour or two)

CMdeux

This is what I'm wondering-- if our allergist could 'collect' them-- or a friend in a chem dept or pharmacology school.

That way there is a transfer to someone official, chain of custody can be arranged, etc. 

also-- this is NOT a 'controlled' substance via a drug schedule, so there is also that. 

In other words, I need NO license/approval to purchase epinephrine from Fisher, Sigma or anyone else. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

name

Quote from: CMdeux on September 27, 2016, 08:07:42 PM
This is what I'm wondering-- if our allergist could 'collect' them-- or a friend in a chem dept or pharmacology school.

That way there is a transfer to someone official, chain of custody can be arranged, etc. 

also-- this is NOT a 'controlled' substance via a drug schedule, so there is also that. 

In other words, I need NO license/approval to purchase epinephrine from Fisher, Sigma or anyone else.

That I can do.  I can make it rain... expired EpiPens AND Auvi-q in both dose strengths.  Bags of 'em at controlled temps.

Mfamom

I used to take them to allergist office.  they put in sharps container
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview