login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: High School vs Middle  (Read 3161 times)

Description:

Offline tigerlily

High School vs Middle
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:48:21 PM »
DS is now a high schooler. Just wanted to let the community know it has gone well so far. Different principal, different administration, and vastly improved response. By this point, three years ago, we were denied a 504 meeting as LTFA didn't qualify in their opinion. This board helped us respond and overcome that barrier. We've been through a lot more there we didn't post here. Bullying? Very real--keep allergens out of the classroom.

How is it at high school? We've heard on more than one teacher/administrator.....this is new, we'll work together through this, might go through some growing pains, let's keep communicating. Main overriding message is...we want his school year to be great. All the teachers so caring, so concerned. Nurse is phenomenal. 504 Coordinator promoted to different school but made sure to meet with incoming person and discuss DS's situation. Band, which we didn't want DS to be in given the travel and food--he still wanted to pursue, has been great to work with. DS is advocating well for himself and we're trying to step back and let him do more with allergy coordination as the adults in his world are working with him.

Just had to share a happy moment.  :)

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
Re: High School vs Middle
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »
tigerlily -- that is GREAT to hear!! Thank you for keeping us posted!  Hope we'll hear more from you as the year goes along~

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:33:27 AM »
Excellent news, tigerlily!  Thank you for the update, and please keep us posted.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »
Tiger lily we had travel in our son's high School 504 and he did travel extensively. I need to post our 504.

I'm glad you're having a better experience!!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline TwoDDs

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 10:52:33 AM »
Super news!