Tree Nut Component Testing

Started by PurpleCat, September 22, 2016, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

Well, I got a call from the allergists office, was not the doctor, they said the test showed he was still allergic so we need to continue to avoid nuts and carry the epi pens.  I have no more details, but since there are no food challenges in our near future we will wait until his May appt for find out the scoop.

PurpleCat

Sorry...that is disappointing.  Maybe they will send you a copy of the results before the appointment.

hezzier

So finally had his 6 month (or a little longer due to scheduling issues) check up with the allergist and I asked about the results.  For all the nuts that have component testing available, he tested positive for all of the components that indicate a systemic reaction.  All his numbers are on the low side and she fully admits to being a conservative allergist which I am fine with (Walnut being around 7, Almond was maybe .8).  She said we can test again in a couple years to see if anything changes...who knows what the future holds since just a few years ago there was no component testing.

If I want to push for food challenges, we'd probably need to find an allergist in Boston...but for now, we are happy with our allergist.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview