FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Main Discussion Board

Auvi-Q relaunch

<< < (32/32)

GoingNuts:
DS saw his allergist Wednesday AM before heading back up to school.  Allergist wrote him a prescription for AUVI, so he’d have both Epipen and Auvi.  He asked if there were any discount cards, and his allergist said they would ship them directly to him with no copay. He had them by Friday morning. 

TwoDDs:
Also just got free Auvi's subsequent to allergy appointment.  14yo is thrilled to have them back.

hezzier:
So bummed that we cannot get anymore of these.  What's the latest theory of how long they are good for?  I think DS's set expire this month.

spacecanada:
Istudies have shown that epinephrine autoinjectors are good for up to four years, with something like 80% potency, but I would never let a primary device expire.

Someone in my local allergy group is in contact with Kaléo and in discussions about bringing them back to Canada.  Apparently the $300/device cost is too high for insurance companies here to cover.  (That is the cost she mentioned, in Canada.). The new robotic manufacturing method has made these much more expensive to make.  So she is building a case from local families to bring to Kaléo showing demand here... But I doubt many people will pay $600 per set, when people already complain that $100 is too much for one EpiPen, and many people here still don't carry two.  Me, I'd pay the $600 for infinitely more comfortable devices when training every day - seriously.  Allerject fit in all my pockets, EpiPens fit in NONE, not even my cycling jersey, and waist pouches are starting to injure my back when running long distances. 

This link may be helpful here with regards to temperature:
https://community.kidswithfoodallergies.org/blog/researchers-review-effects-of-heat-cold-on-epinephrine
Yes, yes... I know the source, but it's a good article.

hezzier:
Well, he has a set of epi pens at school as a back up so he would only carry the auvi’s to school.  If he was going anywhere else he would need to carry a set of epis, which we have plenty of.  Finding a pair of pants or shorts that fit epis in the pocket is nearly impossible.  Once he gets to HS, they carry their backpacks everywhere.  Most kids don’t use the lockers because the building is so spread out that it’s not convenient to use them.  So we just have one more school year to get through.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version