FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Auvi-Q relaunch  (Read 45977 times)

Description:

Offline nyguy

Re: Auvi-Q relaunch
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2017, 05:57:12 PM »
Family is taken care of except for one (not present to consent to sharing HIPAA information).

Parent's insurance plan said preauth required, direct delivery was somehow able to auth at $35 copay (coupon'ed).
Brother's commercial insurance plan said ineligible, Auvi-Q Direct Delivery said no money due for that reason.
Other brother needs to call in and either consent to me speaking on his behalf (HIPAA) or finish the call on a high deductible plan.

With an e-prescription the subject of last four digits of SSN never came up (from EMR), with an online portal subscription it won't process without an entry in that field. Fax they may or may not ignore it, YMMV.

Hope this is helpful to all here.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2017, 07:57:23 AM »
You are good to your family!

I went to CVS yesterday and it's still not available for them yet.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
OMG, name, I was thinking the exact same thing.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »
Thank you ny!

North Dakota--that is hopeful for me. I will say that the temps in the upper Midwest right now are really warm for us.

Offline nyguy

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2017, 08:11:51 AM »
Alright, so the first set is in. I went to the UPS Store and asked to pick up, my mind was racing: What kind of special packing would they use?

~) Hmmmm. Seems pretty standard. At this point I began to worry about how it was packaged on the inside.

Nice and tight in a foil bag. I pulled it out and noticed that the bag seemed more like a pillow.

And indeed, not only was the bag padded but they had a hot/cold pack in there too. Which they then proceeded to explain.

Bag contents: Drug information sheet with patient info, privacy policy information, leaflet explaining packaging and not to refrigerate, hot/cold pack, 2x Auvi-Q boxes (4 devices/2 trainers).

Looks pretty much identical to the Sanofi days (just saying Kaleo now).

Same for the Autoinjectors, which are dated (expiration) for April 14th, 2018>

That's all for now, waiting for the rest of the family to have theirs filled.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2017, 01:02:41 PM »
Thank you!  This is awesome info to have.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »
Called my local pharmacy to see if they had any, nope, but she told me they have the generic epi pen...

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
Where is the "Love" button?

:happydance:
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

name

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
Where is the KEEP button?  I need to convince my brother from another mother to stay affiliated over the long haul.

Offline chase

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »
We have express scripts pharmacy insurance.  Just got a call from Auvi-Q.  They are paying the co-pay and we are paying zero!  They are being mailed and I should receive them in 48 hours.
CVS would not tell me the co-pay until I had script from the doctor.  They would need to order the Auvi-Q before telling me any price. 

Offline nyguy

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2017, 06:15:08 PM »
Next set is shipping from a pharmacy in Syracuse NY (different part of the same state).  Not sure how many are in it (UPS delivery lists package weight as 3.4 lbs) but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

(I'm actually over the border in Canada right now, but I'm sure I'll get a report from the family...)

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
Yay, congratulations on the return of Auvi-Q!!!!   :heart:  :yes:  :heart:  *swoon*

Now, who wants to start shipping them to Canada?  I am really tired of wearing EpiPens on my back during workouts.  Bring back Allerject! 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

name

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 12:22:13 PM »
We are at the stage Kaleo has issued $0 co-pay cards to our local pharmacy.  Our commercial insurance will not cover Auvi-q, and in our location Direct Delivery was not possible.  Kaleo was not terribly clear about why.

The local pharmacy is averse to fulfilling the prescription, and reasonably so because of the list price coupled with strange new co-pay right after a monopolistic market.  I'll give it a week to self resolve before I apply more stick to Kaleo to get this figured out more immediately.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »
Interesting-- ran into Dr. Awesome Allergist's nurse up at the clinic this morning, and she said the same thing that name just mentioned-- pharmacies won't order them in (HA-- yeah, no kidding, not with a 4K+ list price and no insurer offering payment assurance) ... and the patient co-pay coverage/card thing is just... weird apparently-- so, yeah-- pharmacy response is clearly-- "NO.  No, thank you, we will not be getting stuck with a 4K pair of autoinjectors that nobody is going to reimburse us for."

So she knows of nobody who has managed to get them again locally, because of this weirdness snag.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline nyguy

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:19 AM »
So the Auvi-Q units for my parents arrived on Wednesday, promptly processed from a Friday night call-in to a Monday send to pharmacy, Tuesday fill/ship via overnight, to doorstep on Wednesday. The prescriptions for my two brothers have not been processed so promptly.

For brother #1 (Obamacare state extension plan won't pay), the word this morning is that it was sent to a pharmacy three days ago (Tuesday) and is expected to be filled today for arrival by monday. (If they overnight it without Saturday delivery, I would refuse delivery out of thermal concerns for the medication if it sat on a UPS truck/tractor trailer overnight.)

Brother #2, I have no idea, they only let the individual call for themselves so the status is a mystery.

I think the whole pricing is pants on head stupid and figure it will resolve itself in the next few months between people not being able to fill and media/government pressure on prescription drug pricing.