Auvi-Q relaunch

Started by Puddles, October 26, 2016, 08:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

^ what krasota said.

It's why we didn't switch at the time, but I'd have loved to have DD carrying one that instructed a relatively inexperienced friend/bystander through administration, and we considered that when she started college, but... then they were pulled from the market... 

:'(
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

momma2boys

I work in a pharmacy and got a call from someone from the company today. She said it will be out in the next couple weeks!! They addressed the concern of costs and prior auths and with patient assistance, highest copay iill be $10, even with high deductible plans.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Macabre

Awesome!   

I've been meaning to post since DS went to his allergist last week, and she said that when it comes out, two weeks afterward she'll send the script directly to kaleo and they'll send it to him.

That didn't really make sense to me, and it really doesn't now.  But as long as it comes out soon, I'll be happy. And $10--unbelievable!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hezzier

momma2- any idea what it costs without insurance?  I don't believe our insurance will cover them. I'd really like 2 for DS to carry to school instead of epis.

momma2boys

No idea on cash price but check their website, she said there iis a number patients can call with any questions. I will look in the price tool and see ifnit is listed yet when I go in.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

SilverLining

Even though this may never be available to me, and even if it is available here eventually, it's highly unlikely my insurance will cover it, I just want to say that I am so happy for those that will soon have this option again. :)

I hope there are no problems this time. :)

BensMom

Quote from: momma2boys on January 11, 2017, 10:23:29 PM
I work in a pharmacy and got a call from someone from the company today. She said it will be out in the next couple weeks!! They addressed the concern of costs and prior auths and with patient assistance, highest copay iill be $10, even with high deductible plans.

I hope this is true about the timing! I'm on an email list to get updates and haven't heard anything. If it was going to be out in a couple weeks, you'd think they'd be letting people know.

momma2boys

Well it was directly from the company, to let us know to expect them. I would assume they are contacting doctors offices as well.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

BensMom

I suppose if they said a couple of weeks, they really must be ready to go. Not like oh it should be ready in 6 weeks--a deadline that could easily be missed. So that does sound promising!

CMdeux

Wow-- really really hoping that this is not true-- because there is no way that I could switch to an Auvi-Q in anything like reasonable conscience if it is...

:-[

http://arstechnica.com/science/2017/01/another-alternative-to-mylans-600-epipen-this-ones-4500/

Western U.S.

spacecanada

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.  That's robbery.   :rant:

I'm still confused as to how prices of anything medical in America changes whether you have insurance or not.  Why does that even matter?  Shouldn't the cost remain the same?  Why are insurance companies being forced to pay so much - doesn't that just make insurance rates go higher and higher?  Makes no sense to me. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

CMdeux

doesn't that just make insurance rates go higher and higher?

In a word-- yes.   :-[ :-/

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview