FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Auvi-Q relaunch  (Read 45948 times)

Description:

Offline BensMom

Re: Auvi-Q relaunch
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »
For those of you who have received the auvi-qs, did you get a shipping notice? DS's are supposed to come today. Or ship today. I'm not sure. This is after 2 delays. We haven't heard anything yet.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
We did not get a shipping notice, they did show up a couple days late due to a snow storm.

I am planning to call in a refill once we get past the 30 days to see how and if it will work seeing as how we shouldn't have gotten the first set.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »
When I spoke to them on the phone they told me a date and thats when they arrived.  I did not receive any notice.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »
They're here!! Woohoo! But I had ordered 2 sets and only got one. Has anyone else gotten 2 sets? I just like an extra set in case he loses them or for a long flight, etc. He normally carries 2, but always has an extra 2 back at his apartment.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »
Only one, that's why I can to call for a refill once past 30 days.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »
Ok, yeah, that's what ds just told me.

Offline nyguy

« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »
When I spoke to them on the phone they told me a date and thats when they arrived.  I did not receive any notice.

They don't notify you. All of my family had their prescriptions shipped via UPS Next Day Air Saver.

My general recommendation is that you sign up with each major US courier. You'll know not only when packages from Auvi-Q/Kaleo arrive but also packages generally. All services are free.

UPS MyChoice - Sign up for yourself. Can add other household members/first name variants in preferences.

Fedex Delivery Manager - same as UPS (sign up yourself, add household members under preferences]

My USPS - enrollment allows you to see all packages going to a given address without other steps (e.g. adding household members individually. Even better if you're in a pilot area for Informed Delivery, where you get emailed a digest of the letter sized mail you'll be receiving later in the day (mail sort equipment scans the mail face at the major mail processing center before you before it gets forwarded to the local post office).

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2017, 11:29:12 AM »
We are past the 30 days so I called the pharmacy that they came from for a refill and they called me back with a different phone number to call.  Called the number and supposedly the refills will be here on Thursday.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:46:08 AM by hezzier »

Offline BensMom

« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
Awesome!

Mr. Barlow

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »
So.  Now that a good number of us are locked and loaded with Auvi what do y'all think?  I freaking love carrying this form again.  Makes the gym so much easier to manage.  Although I want Twinject back that would really make keeping it on me super manageable.  An Emerade would be nice, too.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2017, 05:53:57 AM »
What is an Emerade?
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Mr. Barlow

« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
Twinject was scary!  I suppose it would be all fine and good if you were calm and coherent enough to administer a second dose, but there is no way I could do it on my own.  I can barely manage the automated injection on any device.  I always opted for two EpiPens.  (Though I know a few people who carried two Twinject instead, two for themselves to use if needed, or up to four if a bystander was able to give the syringe dose.)

Emerade is good if you need the longer needle or higher dose, I suppose.  I don't fit into either category but know many who do.  I wonder why it isn't available in Canada.  (I can think of a few reasons, legal stuff and all.). I think it is available in parts of Asia as well - or another similar device is.

Still waiting for Allerject to return to Canada... And trying not to be jealous of all you Americans with Auvi-Qs.  Audio cues and the size... I dream of the day.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline nyguy

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2017, 12:21:42 PM »
So.  Now that a good number of us are locked and loaded with Auvi what do y'all think?  I freaking love carrying this form again.  Makes the gym so much easier to manage.  Although I want Twinject back that would really make keeping it on me super manageable.  An Emerade would be nice, too.

I'm really happy with the device form factor as I usually carry them in my  pockets during spring/summer/fall. Once the weather cools and I start wearing jackets, I can put them in the inside pockets of jackets. The epis were no fun to carry in pockets, especially as someone with two cell phones (both pockets looked gigantic/overstuffed).

I'm not thrilled on the price charged to my insurer/company though.

Mr. Barlow

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
I scaled my smartphone down to a smaller profile, and I'm drumming my fingers waiting for Lightphone to finally make it to the manufacture and distribution phase so I can put my phone an even stricter diet.  It does feel like we're strapped over the barrel on paying for EAI devices.  I get mine for 'free' while your insurance gets hosed?  Then we've got an immense national insurance coverage change looming. 

I haven't seen a single one of the vocal NFP or gurus meaningfully look at allergy or asthma as a preexisting condition under emerging schemes.  I mean why be worried about uninsured people who don't even have the opportunity to be patients when we can incessantly prattle about one more poorly administered anxiety study or softball empowerment articles about elite international leisure travel or recipes, recipes, recipes!

The first time we were diagnosed our allergist was all business.  Her nurse was laser focused on the big ticket items including what we do if we lose insurance coverage.  That allergist took patients without insurance and developed action plans that would help them avoid crushing debt and potential bankruptcy.  The reality is they had patients that could NOT afford reactions, did have an increased objective need to be more avoidant, and had access to only one EAI per year.