FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Adults with Food Allergies

Help, new diet restrictions (on top of allergies)

<< < (3/3)

mel:
That just does not make any sense at all. The last thing you should do if you are hypoglycemic is follow a Diabetic diet. Diabetes have to limit there carb intake because of high blood sugar, or HYPERglycemia, but hypoglycemia is low blood sugar, so the last thing you should be doing is restricting carbs.

rebekahc:
The diet for diabetes and hypoglycemia is similar because it’s about controlling blood sugar. Yes, carbs initially raise blood sugar, but then it crashes. That’s not good for anyone whose body struggles to regulate the highs AND lows.

I see you just joined our site. Do you have questions about allergies?

allergyadventure:
How are you doing now, Sunshine_burn? It's been more than a year, and in my experience dietary restrictions get easier over time. Hopefully that has been your experience.

I have Type 1 diabetes in addition to food allergies, and it's a really, really tough combination. Unfortunately, the only way for me to keep my blood sugar levels stable is to eat a very low-carb diet (in addition to insulin, of course). If I eat too many carbs, I inevitably get a spike or crash - or both - in my blood sugar. Some people with Type 1 diabetes can manage to eat carbs and keep good control, but I'm not one of them.

If you are still looking for meal ideas, let me know. Lots of good ideas here already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version