FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Tree Nut Component Testing  (Read 12305 times)

Description:

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Tree Nut Component Testing
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »
Fingers crossed for good news!

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »
Well, I got a call from the allergists office, was not the doctor, they said the test showed he was still allergic so we need to continue to avoid nuts and carry the epi pens.  I have no more details, but since there are no food challenges in our near future we will wait until his May appt for find out the scoop.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 02:59:21 PM »
Sorry...that is disappointing.  Maybe they will send you a copy of the results before the appointment.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »
So finally had his 6 month (or a little longer due to scheduling issues) check up with the allergist and I asked about the results.  For all the nuts that have component testing available, he tested positive for all of the components that indicate a systemic reaction.  All his numbers are on the low side and she fully admits to being a conservative allergist which I am fine with (Walnut being around 7, Almond was maybe .8).  She said we can test again in a couple years to see if anything changes...who knows what the future holds since just a few years ago there was no component testing.

If I want to push for food challenges, we'd probably need to find an allergist in Boston...but for now, we are happy with our allergist.