My sulfite reactions- unusual- what to do?

Started by Wayfinder, May 15, 2017, 12:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic


I've been allergic to sulfites for years.  Allergic to egg whites (but not the yolks), allergic to most wines, allergic to any food with "sulfites" added.

However, my reactions seem different from what most people report.   I first get an itching at the back of my throat.  That's the tell-tale sign.  After a couple of hours I start getting the symptoms of "the worst cold you've ever had in your life".  If I let it go unchecked it can hospitalize me-- but it's all focused on my throat and sinuses. 

I have noted on other forums that sulfites have a tendency to drain the body of vitamin Bs.  So I've been treating this with repeated doses of sublingual B for the 3 or 4 days it takes to get over it. 

My main question:  is there a more effective way to take it out-- some sort of anti-sulfite counter-agent I could take to break down the chemical or disable it in my system?  If not, an effective treatment that will prevent its negative effects?   Aside from "Benadryl" (I don't react well to benadryl), suggestions would be very welcome.  Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview