FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Traveling & Restaurants

Hawaii

<< < (2/4) > >>

spacecanada:
I am really curious about local farmers markets and where to find them - any tips for searching ahead of time?  Costco and Walmart are on our grocery list now, but if we can get some local produce first that would be ideal. 

Hezz - our friends rent a condo in Kaua'i every year and love it.  I can send you a link if you like.  Most condos are private rental groups and co-ops.

hezzier:
Here's a list of Farmer's Markets...probably need to do some research to make sure they still exist, some will have their own websites

https://www.localharvest.org/search.jsp?lat=20.8&lon=-157.2&scale=5&st=13&ty=1

spacecanada:
Thank you, hezz!  I will do some research later this summer, closer to our trip.  Yay! 

Stinky10:
Space every place we've stayed has included the local market day/times in their welcome books/material

Hez - I've been to every island.....what do you want to know?  :)

I always book on vbro which I think is now home away - I read tons of reviews and don't read any reviews written by honeymooners, vow renewals or the like - the love everything!

Think about beach access - traffic - the islands all have one major road around them - except Kauai - traffic is an issue

my favs are the north shore of Oahu and Maui - in Maui Keihe (?) is nice and affordable

hezzier:
Don't have dates yet, will have to wait for our DH's to bid for their vacations.  But when things slow down this summer will start browsing locations.  I haven't talked with my friend again to see what they want yet either. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version