login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Franklin/Nashville, TN  (Read 2603 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Franklin/Nashville, TN
« on: July 26, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »
We are heading to TN in August for the solar eclipse.  We will be staying with my BIL & SIL.  My MIL & FIL will also be there.  They all LOVE to eat out.  We rarely eat out due to multiple food allergies including milk and egg.  Can anyone here recommend a place that is good with allergies in the area of Franklin or Nashville?  I see there is a Magliano's in Nashville, so we could try that.  They always get rave reviews.  There is also a Mellow Mushroom in Franklin.  I hear they make dairy free pizza and are good about CC.  I am nervous but would like to have something in my back pocket if they insist on eating out...

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Franklin/Nashville, TN
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 06:50:41 AM »
I've heard great things about both from an allergy standpoint.  I googled restaurants to see what there is...you can look into Rainforest Cafe and Moe's Southwest Grill both seem to have locations there.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
Thanks hezz!

Offline tnmom

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »
Hi,

I live in Franklin.  So glad you can visit for the eclipse!

There are many places to eat in the Franklin/Cool Springs/Brentwood area.  My dd is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and peas (but NOT milk).  There are many restaurants in this area she safely visits.  For starters, there is a new Red Robin, an Outback, a Famous Dave's (barbecue), Jim 'N Nick's (also barbecue), Chipotle, Moe's, Chuy's (also Mexican), and two Cracker Barrels.  Yes, there is a Mellow Mushroom in downtown Franklin that is great with FA.  There is also a new pizza place in Brentwood (just up I65) called Blaze Pizza.  They have an excellent allergen/ingredient menu online, and they offer diary free cheese as well.  When I order GF crust for myself, they automatically change gloves, flag order, move pan away from other items, etc.  They have are small individual pizzas and you pick what you want on your pizza in line, so you can watch them make it ..... then they bake it.  It's really good and it's my dd's new favorite place to eat. 

In Nashville, she has eaten at both Rainforest Cafe at Opry Mills and The Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown Nashville.

As far as fast food, we have most of the usual: McDonald's, Chick-fil-a, Wendy's, etc.

I hope this helps.  Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Offline MaryM

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
Thanks tnmom!  We had success at Maggiano's in Nashville and Mellow Mushroom in Franklin.  We are enjoying our visit.  DS and I haven't been here in avout 7 years.  DD and DH were here last spring.