FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Mfrs. & Packaged Food

Christmas Candy

<< < (3/4) > >>

spacecanada:
Ah, I wondered what happened to the Allan ones.  So sad.  I used to buy ten cases of them every year to enjoy year-round as a sweet treat.  My husband was just asking about the rainbow ones yesterday too and I said we'd look for them, but not now since they don't exist any more. 

Bulk Barn had Spangler large candy canes and the label was much like that of Allan, with free from X, Y, Z (I forget what all the list included, but for sure free from peanuts, tree nuts, milk and wheat) and made on dedicated lines in a PN-free facility.  I bought a few, and may go back to buy a bunch more to enjoy throughout the year. 

Dare makes PN/TN-free shortbread also. 

SilverLining:
Some Bulk Barn have Robrtson’s candy. So far all I’ve found is the Clear Candy Toys. I bought a bag for us, and one for each of the kid’s families.

I would have liked to get some of the Old Fashioned Christmas candy and Chicken Bones.

Ciel:
I saw  Wholesome candy canes at Whole Foods.

--- Quote ---Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Natural Peppermint Flavor, Color Added (Organic Fruit Juice)

Go Organic this holiday season with Wholesome Organic Candy Canes! Say goodbye to artificial colors or flavors, these candy canes are made with just four simple ingredients including natural peppermint oil, organic fruit juice for color and Wholesome Fair Trade Organic Cane Sugar. They're also free from gluten, dairy, nuts and high fructose corn syrup. These delicious minty candy canes are sure to put your family in the holiday spirit!

Contain No Artificial Colors or Flavors
Corn Syrup Free
Made in a Nut-Free Facility
Dairy Free/Casein Free
Gluten Free
Made in Canada
Vegan & Kosher

--- End quote ---

candyguru:

--- Quote from: spacecanada on December 17, 2017, 04:32:40 PM ---Ah, I wondered what happened to the Allan ones.  So sad.  I used to buy ten cases of them every year to enjoy year-round as a sweet treat.  My husband was just asking about the rainbow ones yesterday too and I said we'd look for them, but not now since they don't exist any more. 

--- End quote ---

Yes, we bought Allan candy canes for years .. for some reason Hershey bought Allan's and shut down the candy cane manufacturing.

Loblaws had some safe candy canes made by Wholesome this year - the brand Ciel mentioned :)

Not easy to find Spangler candy canes in Canada - thanks for the tip about Bulk Barn.

Laura Secord also had lots of allergy safe chocolates this year (peanut-free, gluten-free, egg-free).. they had rosebuds, caramel filled chocolate maple leafs, and also chocolate Santas! IN case anyone is doing Boxing Day shopping.

And there is also Freddo at Dollarama which has several peanut-free, egg-free, gluten-free varieties

SilverLining:
The Campbell’s shortbread is now “May contain”.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version