FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Schools and Food Allergies

Egg Drop Challenge

<< < (2/3) > >>

MaryM:
We had thought maybe cheap Christmas ornaments...or maybe if the egg is sealed in a zip lock...I am waiting for school to return my call...

MaryM:
Allergist said DS can participate as long as he wears gloves...

spacecanada:
Thats what my egg-allergic cousin's allergist said too, so all the students wore gloves.  :-/  She was fine.  Their egg didn't break.  She wouldn't have gone near it if it had. 

I still vote for lightbulbs or Christmas ornaments. 

PurpleCat:
Gloves here to build the project, DD never actually handled the egg, a friend put it in for her.  She went almost all the way!

DS1 won!  His survived the final drop from the top of the fire truck bucket!!!!!

DS2 lost in the first round.

MaryM:
So, DS's science teacher called me today to discuss the situation.  She told me that during class DS raised his hand and told her about his egg allergy and she suggested the alternate assignment, etc.  Then, later in class she had thought about it and told him that he could do everything but the drop.  Basically, help build the contraption.  She said he could leave for the drop and they would video the drop for him.  OMG, really?  How did he not tell me this?   I sent a pretty harshly toned email t guidance about it and guidance in turn emailed her about a very upset parent.    I told the teacher that he did not tell me, that he is somewhat forgetful.  I apologized for not reaching out to her first, I should have.  In the end, its all good but I feel badly bc  had DS told me everything, I would not have been as upset and my approach would have been different....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version