Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Other foods/MFA/EE

Help!!

(1/2) > >>

LindsayRae523:
Hey everyone! Iím 19 and just recently moved in with my boyfriend, Iíve been struggling with constant nausea and stomach cramps for the last 4 months I found out today that Iím allergic to Corn wheat soy milk and eggs and I have no idea what to do! Iím already deficient on so many vitamins and I have PCOS so I already donít process foods like potatoes. I donít know what to do or what to eat:( I need help anything please :'(

GoingNuts:
Good Morning, and Welcome!

The constant stomach issues sound miserable!

A couple of questions so we can better help you - what kind of allergy testing did you have?  Have you seen a gastroenterologist, or a board certified allergist?  Any other symptoms besides the GI issues?  Are you a vegetarian, or can you eat meat/poulty/fish?

We have some really smart people here, so I'm sure we can give you some good suggestions.  I hope you get some relief soon!

Macabre:
Welcome! Yesówas it a skin test or a blood test? And was it for me by a board certified allergist or another doctor?

LindsayRae523:
When I was in the 5th grade I went to a certified allergy doctor and they did the skin test back and arms. I was allergic to tons of trees and other sorts of fungi and mold so I started shot treatments. I continued until junior high but I couldnít drive and I had no one who could take me so I had to quit them. In October I woke up covered in hives and turned out I contracted a fungal infection I was allergic to (I was literally allergic to myself until the infection was gone) my general doctor suggested I start doing allergy treatments again. At the beginning of December I went to my Ear Nose and Throat doctor because they have a doctor who is a board certified allergist. She did the welting test and determined my skin was to sensitive and welted to easily to do the skin testing so she drew blood. I got the results yesterday. Iíll be starting shots again for the rest of my allergies and I think they will be including the food ones as well.

My main issues are usually GI occasionally my lips would itch but I never thought much of it. I have severe anxiety and a history of c-dif from working in nursing homes. So GI issues have always been a problem. To help myself from contracting c-did again I have to avoid antibiotics as much as possible and eat TONS of probiotics so yogurt ugh😞

Iím currently attending college as well and we all no how much money that leaves me. Any help would be immensely appreciated thankyou💕💕💕

LindsayRae523:
I also have severe ADHD? I donít know if that has anything to do with it. I have absolutely no clue about food allergies other than my sister is allergic to cinnamon and she goes into anaphylaxis from it:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version