login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: yoplait yogurt  (Read 5150 times)

Description:

alliedhealth

yoplait yogurt
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
Saw in store Yoplait has started Yoplait whips based on girl scout cookie flavors. On website saw has added chocolate peanut butter flavor. Per their website :Does Yoplait WHIPS! Peanut Butter Chocolate Yogurt Mousse contain peanuts and is there a cross-contact risk with other Yoplait products?

A. Yoplait WHIPS! Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse does not contain peanut proteins, and, therefore, does not pose cross-contact risks for other flavors. However, because an ingredient within the natural flavor is derived from peanuts, FDA regulations require an allergen statement on the label. With that in mind, and in addition to routine cleaning and sanitation practices, we are confident that there isn’t a cross-contact risk between Yoplait WHIPS! Chocolate Yogurt Mousse and other Yoplait products.

From discussion with rep. My understanding is that they do not label for shared lines due to processes above, and that have no way of knowing if is on shared lines due to multiple production locations, but always check label, will label if they feel is a risk...but would defer to their allergen statement above

Offline gvmom

Re: yoplait yogurt
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »
Just seeing this.

Do you know if they process their regular yogurt on the same lines as the mousse products?

I hate when companies do this sort of cr@p. 
"...who knew that Black History Month was really about an Orange White guy" ~gvmom
"...but HILLARY!" is not ACTUALLY a legal defense in the real world.  ~gvmom
"Don't feed the trolls; nothing fuels them so much." ~Oscar Wilde
Trump=Idiot https://twitter.com/spikedcranium/status/966768001943875584

alliedhealth

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:13:27 PM »
I tried to ask that question several times. The impression I was left with from the rep I spoke to was that there is no way of finding out due to multiple manufacturing plants and that they might....I am hoping someone else can inquire as this would be a big loss if that is the case. Need suggestions for alternate yogurts if so- trying to feed teen age endurance athlete extra calories and protein

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:05:32 PM »
You might look into Greek Gods yogurt.  I haven't had any in a while (I don't need the calories), but the Honey Vanilla flavor was soooo yummy and indulgent.  On their website, I don't see anything nutty, but I haven't called them in years.  FYI, it's Greek (style) yogurt and not really Greek yogurt - some people take exception to their misleading name, but being used to reading labels, I knew it wasn't actual Greek yogurt when I was buying it.  I simply bought it as a treat because it tasted so good.

http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/24oz-products/vanilla-honey/

TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Online my3guys

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »
Ughhh. We are big yoplait eaters here. I will call when I can.

Offline gvmom

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 07:03:26 PM »
So, I called.  I talked with a nice woman. 

I wanted to know if the mousse and the regular vanilla yoplait were manufactured on the same lines, and then considered not needing a warning..... you know, cause they clean and stuff..... or if they were manufactured on separate lines.... cause, they are different types so don't worry.

She said that if there was any chance of contamination they would put a warning.

Which, really doesn't answer my question right?  She was super nice, but didn't know if the two products were made on shared lines.... and things were safe cause they washed and had those amazing sanitation practices all companies seem to have.... or..... if they just weren't made on shared lines and you really don't have to worry that you've lost another product to that sort of "don't be such a nervous nelly" allergen statement stuff companies do these days.  It is like I hear "Don't you trust us?" implied in those sorts of statements.  Too bad they don't hear my "uh.....no....."

It would be really nice if you could call companies and just get a yes or no answer to things. 

:-/
"...who knew that Black History Month was really about an Orange White guy" ~gvmom
"...but HILLARY!" is not ACTUALLY a legal defense in the real world.  ~gvmom
"Don't feed the trolls; nothing fuels them so much." ~Oscar Wilde
Trump=Idiot https://twitter.com/spikedcranium/status/966768001943875584

alliedhealth

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 12:41:56 PM »
I called General Mills the parent company as their allergen policy on the web reads that their may contain labeling means the allergen not in food but could be present as a result of the manufacturing process despite their best efforts to exclude it... Asked specifically for clarification as to yoplait's response that they do not put  may contain on the yogurt as they feel is not a cross contact risk etc as in posts above- which is different from General Mills statement. Had a very helpful rep who spoke with a supervisor and read the allergen statement for the whips as in my first post but added that "although they do share production lines there is no cross contact risk with the other flavors" Mentioned the peanut derived ingredient is in the flavoring and does not contain the proteins, but FDA requires the labeling.

alliedhealth

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »
So still on the yogurt hunt as we are holding off on Yoplait due to the posts above and their new flavors...has anyone had any experience with stonyfield? I know they had a recent recall due to milk in the soy based yogurt, however we are PA/TNA only. Had favorable response from rep today for their regular yogurts (she did note that their frozen items and boxed/carton items are not nut free/nut free facility)Hoping this is a good option

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
We buy the large size single-flavor Stoneyfield. It’s awesome. But I haven’t called
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »
So I love the regular Yoplait vanilla... and I saw the girl scout cookie pb cookie flavor all summer and now it's gone and I don't see a chocolate mousse at the store.. I don't see any pb flavors online at all actually.  Is anyone still buying this? https://www.yoplait.com/findus

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:30 PM »
I called Stoneyfield and the representative told me the refrigerated stuff was peanut and tree nut free, but not the frozen yogurts.