FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: OWYN Protein Powders/Drinks  (Read 2845 times)

Description: Top-8-free

Offline spacecanada

OWYN Protein Powders/Drinks
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:30 PM »
Has anyone heard of these?  I saw an advertisement for them on Allergic Living's latest newsletter:
https://liveowyn.com

I sent an email requesting some further details on my non-top-8 allergens, and some clarification as to why they say gluten-free but not wheat-free. 

This could be a game changer in this house, where getting enough calories and protein is difficult some days.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline gvmom

Re: OWYN Protein Powders/Drinks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:03:44 PM »
I haven't heard of this.... but.... if they give you any extra allergy info..... like sunflower.... I'm interested.
"...who knew that Black History Month was really about an Orange White guy" ~gvmom
"...but HILLARY!" is not ACTUALLY a legal defense in the real world.  ~gvmom
"Don't feed the trolls; nothing fuels them so much." ~Oscar Wilde
Trump=Idiot https://twitter.com/spikedcranium/status/966768001943875584

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 06:11:42 AM »
Let us know what you hear back.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
So my local grocery store has a nutritionist in the produce section every couple weeks.  Today was doing a gluten free display with samples and this protein drink (the premade one in the bottle) was one of them.  I tried the vanilla and chocolate...chocolate was better, had less of a funny taste.  She gave me a chocolate one to bring home and DS liked it so I will buy a couple of the bottles and see if he really likes it or if it's just a one time thing.

So it does say their is sunflower oil in it.

It does say on the bottle that it is "Manufactured in a facility that also processes milk, soy, wheat, almonds and peanuts. Our facility tests for the presence of these allergens processed from the proceeding production run. We independently test our ingredients and final products for the top eight allergens. Every lot. Every time."

Here's their testing info...https://liveowyn.com/pages/allergen-tested-rtd-protein-shakes

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »
Ugh, shared facility!!!  :-[ Thanks for the heads up.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »
I ended up buying the powder also...there is definitely an odd taste to it but for some reason DS doesn't mind it (I can't figure this out but oh well).  I still think the premade chocolate tastes the best of all of them...we did not try the coffee flavor.