login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Veta Smart Case for EpiPens  (Read 9109 times)

Description:

Offline LinksEtc

Veta Smart Case for EpiPens
« on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:16 PM »
Not endorsing ... just sharing ....

"New product :: Veta Smart Case for EpiPens"
http://marketingmama.com/smartcaseveta

It is called the Veta Smart Case and it was announced today by the company Aterica at the big annual tech event called the Consumer Electronics Show (aka CES).

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:50:37 PM by LinksEtc »

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Veta Smart Case for EpiPens
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »
Wow, that looks very promising. Can't wait to hear user reviews after it has been out for a while.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

guess

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:43:57 PM »
The design of the system around the use is excellent.  Having used a GPS alert system for quite a while now (2, now that eTrak left MedicAlert in a lurch) the features appeal to me.  We will likely pre-order to put the theory to test.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:46:41 PM by guess »

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:22:07 AM »
I'm willing to test this out as well, although I usually forget my phone more than my autoinjectors.  I hope they will create cases for Allerjects as well, as I carry those more often than EpiPens.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

guess

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:14:11 PM »
Pre-order is now available for interested parties.  Target release Fall 2015 in time for school start I would venture. https://www.aterica.com/product/veta-2/

I'm going to pre-order, AND try to write it off on my taxes as a medical expense.  You all will have to let me know what type of feedback or testing you'd like.  I'm not a YouTuber or blogger so it will have to be limited to what can be posted.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
I have pre-ordered two as well. 

They answered my questions:
- You can turn off the system to check the EpiPen, replace it, etc. without setting off the alarm
- The case is clear enough to look at the colour of the fluid to check for discolouration
- Pending success of the EpiPen model, one for Allerject/Auvi-Q is also in the plans

ninjaroll

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 04:45:22 PM »
While I'm still interested in the product and intend to order as soon as product is available Aterica must stop pushing responsibility of self-management at an earlier age as one of the main benefits of its product.  That's between parents, doctor and patient as an individual development. Stick to product features, avoid giving medical advice for pediatric use.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
Looks like I may be a beta tester for them!

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 02:56:13 PM »
I like the idea.  I don't like that the video kept saying 'must carry an epi pen' rather than epi pens and that it showed people carrying only one epi pen over and over.  They should fix that to reflect current recommendations. 

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 06:03:05 PM »
Their recent Facebook post was a reminder to always carry two.   I will definitely mention it.  If you have some links to specifics, pm them to me so I can forward them.  Testing has started with a small group.  I will be in the next group but have already been in touch with them directly. 

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:32 PM »
I received my two Veta cases today!!!  I was a beta tester for the past two years and have learnt to love their features. I could go on and on about how great they are. I will admit two drawbacks: they make EpiPens even bigger (a sad reality of battery size and longevity), and in larger houses you have to remember to turn on the snooze feature or you end up with several separation alerts in a few minutes when you leave the safety zone. But really, the size doesn't matter if you carry them in a bag and I would rather have more alerts than not enough. Overall, my review is a positive one.