FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Traveling & Restaurants

Looking for vacation ideas

(1/3) > >>

hedgehog:
No allergy issues, for myself and DD (who will be 23), one week in July.  There must be alcohol.  Budget of about $4000.  At this point just looking for general ideas.  Recommendations?

GoingNuts:
Domestic or International? 

If you're talking International, I love, love, love Ireland.  Amazing hiking and sightseeing.  And alcohol is plentiful, LOL. 

DS and his GF just came back from Portugal, which they loved (we spent our honeymoon there, almost 31 years ago, so I don't have any current advice there).

We tried to do Newfoundland a couple of years ago, but our flights were cancelled due to bad weather and couldn't be rescheduled in a timeframe that made sense, so we went to the North Fork of LI instead.  Great food, lots of wineries, great kayaking.  We made lemonade out of lemons, and had a marvelous time.

I don't know if they are still doing this promotion, but Icelandair had a deal where you could fly to any of their destinations and do a couple of days layover in Iceland at no extra charge. 

hedgehog:
Friends had seen that deal, which is why Iceland came up to begin with.

GoingNuts:
DH and I are thinking of going to Croatia this fall. 

spacecanada:
It depends on what you want to do, the purpose of the trip, and what you want to get out of it.  That could sway my suggestion from Portugal to Costa Rica, or even South Carolina (Hilton Head).  Or, possibly a cruise. 

I am leery of giving suggestions without knowing many more details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version