login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Homemade barbecue sauce  (Read 5961 times)

Description: Recipes wanted

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Homemade barbecue sauce
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 02:50:04 PM »
Glad you found something that works for you.

Maybe we will try tofu with bbq sauce.

Btw, if you go too Washington and they have Kroger grocery stores, their store brand Worcestershire sauce that doesn’t have anchovies. It’s safe for my family with our allergies.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:17:22 PM by Macabre »
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Online spacecanada

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
It isn't the the anchovies I care so much about, but every brand has WHEAT in it. Whyyyyyyy??
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »
Here’s one with some different ingredients. I do not like smoke flavor, so if we were going to make a sauce, we’d just make one without.

This was posted as a Kansas City BBQ sauce. I don’t know about that. And I’ve never made this. But looking at the ingredients, this is one I could do.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
2 cups ketchup
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Add ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.

Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month.

Thank you for this recipe. It has become a favorite in our home! I know this post is old.