FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Reactions & Stories

ANA Reaction Abroad ... Surviving MY Unthinkable!

<< < (2/5) > >>

spacecanada:
Oh wow, I am relieved that she is ok.

ctmartin:

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.  Yes, it definitely had a negative impact on the memories we had created on our trip.  Had it not occurred, the trip would have gone off without a hitch.  Of course I have been beating myself up over so much and have had a lot of sadness that such a brush with mortality always brings.  Then there is the part where we did not believe she was reacting ... makes me sick to my stomach to think about.  And finally, the loss of a friendship ... he has been VERY unresponsive to us and not very apologetic.  This wasn't a close friend of mine, but someone in which circumstance had brought us together many times over the past 27 years and we just decided to keep in touch.  Previously, I would have considered him a friend, but now I wonder if that is what we were?  I just can't believe he allowed it to happen, and not only has he not apologized, he hasn't really come clean definitively (he says he "thinks" it was the bread that contained "cinque cereali" ... i KNOW it was ... I was warned by many restaurants of the use of cinque cereali in their bread and pizza dough).  It's almost as if he is afraid to even communicate with me because he thinks perhaps I am going to sue him?  I have no idea, but needless to say, I am mourning that loss as well.

Ciel:
I am so thankful that your dd is okay now. She sounds like a lovely young lady who seems determined to make the most of her life. I wish she were free of these obstacles and you were free of the worry and stress you carry.

I’m so sorry ctmartin, for all of it; the trauma, the shadow over your memories of an otherwise fantastic experience, and the pain that comes with betrayal by those you have trusted. :grouphug:

GoingNuts:
Wow, his reaction, or lack thereof, is absolutely disgraceful.  I'm so sorry for that, on top of everything else.  :disappointed: :grouphug:

Macabre:
Oh no!  Wow. I’m glad she’s okay, but that sounds awful.

:console:

Which gelateria in Rome, if you don’t mind my asking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version