login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Lotus Foods  (Read 2116 times)

Description: Ramen Noodles

Offline spacecanada

Lotus Foods
« on: June 27, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
Woohoo, another random new product find! 

Lotus Foods
Thai and Ramen noodles
Noodles (and only the noodles) are made in a dedicated top-8-free facility.
The soup seasoning may have cc from the source, so throw those out.  They are mixed and packaged in the same top-8-free facility, though.

Their customer service was incredible when I asked about my multiple allergens.  Not many companies will think about contamination at the source, and since they don't get top-8-allergen-free certificates for their spices, they told me to stay away from them.  Fantastic.

I've been craving ramen since October.  Seriously.  This is going to be great!

www.lotusfoods.com
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Lotus Foods
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:07:01 PM »
That’s quite a find - good for you!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:19:22 AM »
The noodles cooked up well and tasted good too!  Now, to test how well they do as a travel food: can they be made in the microwave?

name

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »
Space:

My husband pours boiling water over the noodles then puts a lid on for four minutes.  So if you want to boil water in a microwave separately that should work too. 

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »
I covered the noodles with water and put them in the microwave for two minutes, then let it sit, covered, for a few minutes.  They worked great.  I will try the boiled water method too.  These will make a great safe travel food!