FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Symjepi found a partner in order to produce it  (Read 2857 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Symjepi found a partner in order to produce it
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:12:50 PM »
 :thumbsup:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »
And now, it's available for purchase:
https://www.allergicliving.com/2019/07/09/%EF%BB%BFsymjepi-epinephrine-syringe-rolls-mylan-shortage-persists/

I won't be trading in my EpiPen or Allerject/Auvi-Q autoinjectors any time soon.  But, I could see these as a great option in schools (with nurses), aeroplanes, with first responders, or in disaster kits, among other applications.  The price for two of these is still ridiculously high, but still less than Mylan generic, last I saw those prices.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:40:38 AM »
I think that these would be great for camps. Cost wise, we are sitting on a serious chunk of change epi-pen wise.  We mostly use them for trips - campers with known allergies bring their own.  We're mostly preparing for the possibility of an unknown insect sting allergy or an allergy that presents only in the case of multiple stings.  We pack them as well as we can, but less tech is probably better for a product that we are taking on wilderness trips.  It would take more training and some updates to our standing orders, but I think that is preferrable to an injector failing in the middle of nowhere with iffy phone service.