FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Welcome > Welcome and Introduce Yourself

I need a second opinion

<< < (2/2)

Pegasus:
I am in the USA, in Wisconsin. The allergy test has been set for September 12. I am hoping so can go with me. I'm also hoping they have an epi pen at the allergist office. I don't know if they do or not. I am very new to going to doctors. When I was a kid I never went to any. My family never went to doctors.

I don't know if the allergist would be willing to do the test in the hospital. She would probably think I'm being paranoid or something. I'm not used to speaking up about lots of stuff. And then sometimes when I do it seems to backfire on me and then the other person gets mad, even though I was polite.  It also seems a lot of people don't be I have a problem with food. They seem to think I'm making it all up and that it's in my head. The negative test results only seen to prove their point. But I still can't touch or eat a lot of stuff. I can't stand the itching that can go on for 3 days. It drives me nuts. I scratch my skin off. I literally scratch sores and raw skin on myself. Then it keeps me up all night too and I may pass out in the early morning hours, like 5 am only having to get up at 7.

I don't use antihistamines or anything. I can't. I don't trust the ingredients. I just avoid stuff. If i get the severe itching I just suffer until it goes away by itself. Then I avoid that thing.

Is it possible the allergy is still forming? Is that why it's not on the blood test?

Are there other diseases that mimic food allergies, that can cause these symptoms? These are some of the various symptoms I've had over the years: swelling, intense itching, joint pain, post nasal drip, sore throat, opposite reaction from NyQuil...was supposed to make me sleepy but it made me wide awake, headache, insomnia, tight throat, skin rash, blocked ear, nausea, diarrhea, foggy brain, dizzy, etc. I might be forgetting a few as there have been so many different types. Oh, chills too. I had gotten chills from someone hairspray and at had not even felt cold at the time!

I've gotten painful rash from using the soap in public bathrooms and also from touching new clothes in some stores. The thing with new clothes does not happen all the time. I think it may be due to that "allergy cup" one hears about? The rashes always appear on my upper thighs. I don't know why. It also always seems to happen in autumn. But as far as I know i don't have any seasonal allergies but I have a problem with wood smoke.

I've gotten rashes and peeling skin from styrofoam cups. That appears on my hands.

I have very good self control. I don't try to cheat. The itching is not worth eating something. You know what I mean?

Can one be allergic to pesticides, or fertilizer? What about additives? Do stores sell non organic tofu? Because the soy that would be found in most product, I'm assuming it's not organic. So I want the test to be as close to the stuff I've been being exposed to in various products over the years. Or does it not matter?

And if it's not soy, then how do I find out what is causing all of these issues?? The allergist does not seem willing to look into it. She said she could test me for chemicals with skin patch.

But over the last few years, when I have reacted to stuff and have emailed the companies and asked them about soy, they all have answered that yes, they have used soy. So I hope it's the cause of my problems. Because if it's not, I don't know what it is then. A few companies even said they had used soybeans in the soil as fertilizer. Then I ate the vegetable and was itching like crazy! It was a root vegetables. So yes, I even have to be emailing produce companies.
😞

I can eat the vegetable without problem from certain companies. So it's not the vegetable itself. It's something on the outside.

I've also gotten rashes on my arms from raw fruit. So I learn to buy only from certain companies. Once again seems to be some spray or something on the outside.

All of this makes eating very hard.

I will see if I can get someone to go with me that day. And thanks for explaining how they do the allergy test. I will know what they should be doing then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version