FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sweet & Sour Chicken  (Read 1918 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Sweet & Sour Chicken
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:34:15 AM »
GN - here is the recipe.  As I stated yesterday, its not healthy at all.  DS loves it, DD will eat it but its certainly not her favorite.  DH &  I enjoy....I was surprised I liked this bc of the ketchup (I am not a fan of ketchup) :)

I got the recipe from a website called Life in the Lofthouse.

INGREDIENTS
*       3-4 boneless chicken breasts
*       salt and pepper
*       1 cup cornstarch
*       2 eggs, beaten
*       1/4 cup canola oil
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE INGREDIENTS
*       3/4 cup sugar
*       4 Tablespoons ketchup
*       1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
*       1 Tablespoon soy sauce
*       1 teaspoon garlic salt (I use garlic powder)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Start by preheating your oven to 325° degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat, then dip into the eggs.
2. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and pan-fry chicken pieces just until slightly browned but not cooked through. Place chicken in a 9×13-inch greased baking dish.
3. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Pour evenly over the chicken. Bake chicken for one hour, uncovered. During the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
4. Serve immediately.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:43:26 AM by MaryM »