FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: ‼️Wegman’s pasta will soon contain egg warning!!!!!  (Read 1558 times)

Description: Haven’t posted in FOREVER...Please help.

Offline MandCmama

‼️Wegman’s pasta will soon contain egg warning!!!!!
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:17:04 AM »
I had received an email last week from Wegman’s telling me that their pasta line would be undergoing some changes and their “records indicated” that I often purchase these items. I called HQ in Rochester to find out what was going on. It’s so much worse than I thought.

They are not only discontinuing some types/shapes of pasta, they are changing manufacturers.  All of their pasta (red box and Italian Classics) will now have an egg warning.

I can’t convey how devestated I am by this. We’ve solely relied on this pasta for 8 years now. What else do people use that are nut and egg free?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:28:33 AM by MandCmama »
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline spacecanada

Re: ‼️Wegman’s pasta will soon contain egg warning!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
Oh, that's terrible news.   :-[

We have used Tinkyada rice pasta for many, many years.  We have recently tried and like Ckickapea pasta as well.  As for wheat-based, I have no suggestions.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum