login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Impossible Pie  (Read 1297 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Re: Impossible Pie
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »
I saw that Bisquick makes a gluten free baking mix, and Impossible pie was originally a Bisquick recipe, I believe.

My mom used to make a caramel desert with Bisquik. She made dough balls and put them in a square pan, then covered it with a brown sugar mixture. After baking, the liquid was thicker and on the bottom, and the dough rose to the top with a crispy top.

If anyone has that recipe I would love to have it.
When I was growing up we didn’t call it “Political Correctness”.  We called it things like “manners”, “respect” and “the Golden Rule”. ~~~ Peter

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
Bisquick gluten-free mix contains potato.    :-/   The wheat/potato/sorghum allergy combination is frustrating. 
anaphylaxis to tree nuts, peanuts, potato, wheat, and sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 07:18:41 PM »
Ah, forgot about the potato.

It was even better today, chilled.  This is a very, very unfortunate discovery.   ;D
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 03:20:55 PM »
Decided to make this today. Forgot to make sure I had all the ingredients and had no white sugar, so I used brown. Also, it asks for 10 pie plate and mine is only 9 1/2.

So....I made it but didn’t pour it all into the pie plate. I also made 6 muffin size.

It rose and fell, the way brown sugar cookies do. But, gave the muffin size to the kids and they all want more. That’s a good sign.
When I was growing up we didn’t call it “Political Correctness”.  We called it things like “manners”, “respect” and “the Golden Rule”. ~~~ Peter

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »
When I went to bed there was almost half left. When I went to serve some after lunch, there was only 1/4 left. Which is now gone.

Edit to correct typo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:42:16 PM by SilverLining »