Impossible Pie

Started by SilverLining, October 28, 2018, 03:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

Quote from: GoingNuts on November 03, 2018, 07:23:50 AM
I saw that Bisquick makes a gluten free baking mix, and Impossible pie was originally a Bisquick recipe, I believe.

My mom used to make a caramel desert with Bisquik. She made dough balls and put them in a square pan, then covered it with a brown sugar mixture. After baking, the liquid was thicker and on the bottom, and the dough rose to the top with a crispy top.

If anyone has that recipe I would love to have it.

spacecanada

Bisquick gluten-free mix contains potato.    :-/   The wheat/potato/sorghum allergy combination is frustrating. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

GoingNuts

Ah, forgot about the potato.

It was even better today, chilled.  This is a very, very unfortunate discovery.   ;D
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

SilverLining

Decided to make this today. Forgot to make sure I had all the ingredients and had no white sugar, so I used brown. Also, it asks for 10 pie plate and mine is only 9 1/2.

So....I made it but didn't pour it all into the pie plate. I also made 6 muffin size.

It rose and fell, the way brown sugar cookies do. But, gave the muffin size to the kids and they all want more. That's a good sign.

SilverLining

When I went to bed there was almost half left. When I went to serve some after lunch, there was only 1/4 left. Which is now gone.

Edit to correct typo.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview