FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Impossible Pie  (Read 5232 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Re: Impossible Pie
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »
I saw that Bisquick makes a gluten free baking mix, and Impossible pie was originally a Bisquick recipe, I believe.

My mom used to make a caramel desert with Bisquik. She made dough balls and put them in a square pan, then covered it with a brown sugar mixture. After baking, the liquid was thicker and on the bottom, and the dough rose to the top with a crispy top.

If anyone has that recipe I would love to have it.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
Bisquick gluten-free mix contains potato.    :-/   The wheat/potato/sorghum allergy combination is frustrating. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 07:18:41 PM »
Ah, forgot about the potato.

It was even better today, chilled.  This is a very, very unfortunate discovery.   ;D
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 03:20:55 PM »
Decided to make this today. Forgot to make sure I had all the ingredients and had no white sugar, so I used brown. Also, it asks for 10 pie plate and mine is only 9 1/2.

So....I made it but didn’t pour it all into the pie plate. I also made 6 muffin size.

It rose and fell, the way brown sugar cookies do. But, gave the muffin size to the kids and they all want more. That’s a good sign.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »
When I went to bed there was almost half left. When I went to serve some after lunch, there was only 1/4 left. Which is now gone.

Edit to correct typo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:42:16 PM by SilverLining »