FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Christmas Baking

(1/3) > >>

spacecanada:
It's that time of year!  Now that our tree is up and the houses decorated inside and out, I feel a strong desire to do a huge amount of Christmas baking!!

What are some of your favourite recipes? 

Bonus points: Anyone have a good recipe that is free from peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum, egg, and milk?  (I can usually substitute egg and milk with good results, it's wheat that's most irritating to replace.)

hezzier:
I thought this sounded interesting when I was looking for dairy free recipes for my niece, she wasn't particularly excited about it.  Her mom has poisoned her against figs due to a story from our HS biology teacher told my sister that the seeds in a fig were really wasp skulls, but I can't make this one for MIL because she seems to have lip swelling due to ginger.

https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/fig-chewy-molasses-cookies

Macabre:
Ick. You may have ruined me for figs. 😯

hedgehog:
I looked it up.  It's not nearly as gross as it sounds.  The seeds are seeds.  But the fig does break down a wasp to nourish itself.

hezzier:

--- Quote from: Macabre on December 04, 2018, 09:02:01 AM ---Ick. You may have ruined me for figs. 😯

--- End quote ---

Sorry Mac, but it's what HH said, not what the Bio teacher told my sister.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version