login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Air Fryer  (Read 8620 times)

Description: Recipes and tips

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Air Fryer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 09:36:32 AM »
Glad you like it!

I had room, because, with my renovation, I specifically had the builder re-do my pantry closet shelves.  He took out the wire shelving, and put in solid wood shelves that are the full depth of the closet, and the one at waist height, is extra tall, for all my bulky and tall appliances.  My IP, blender, waffle iron, and now, air fryer are all right there, easy to grab, and it’s close to the island.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:40:38 AM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline BensMom

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 10:54:42 AM »
I have a tea cart in the dining room where my IP and waffle iron live (and ice cream maker, but that needs to go back to the basement for the winter.) So I could put an air fryer there. But I still think I use it more than I would since it's incorporated into the toaster oven. I can use it for things I don't really need to air fry, but are just going to be a little better that way. If I had really wanted an air fryer, it might be different, but for me, it was just a cool add-on to my toaster oven, not something I really thought about using much.

I did try empanadas--air fried 3 and baked the rest. The verdict was that the baked ones were better. They cooked too fast in the air fryer, so would have burned if I let them go too long and were more doughy, whereas the baked ones were more crispy. I've only had empanadas in a restaurant once and they were soft, so I'm not sure how they're really supposed to be, but my recipe calls for an egg wash and baking and they come out a little crispy on the outside.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 12:11:51 PM »
I’ve only play with empanada dough.  I bought frozen discs, and put taco leftovers in them, and air fried them.  They were pretty crunchy, in my trial, in the air fryer. I think I’d prefer softer.  But, I’m off carbs for awhile, lol, so, won’t do those again.  Ds wouldn’t try them, and dd doesn’t like tacos. 🙄. My hope was they’d be an easy snack or meal for Ds.

I think the toaster oven combo sounds great, especially now that you have good reviews of it.  We use our toaster oven almost daily.  If one or both die, I’d look at your model.  I feel like we never get more than 2-3 years out of our toaster ovens.  I get cheap ones because of that.  I tried a better one, and it still died after a few years.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 03:55:01 PM »
I REALLY want an Air Fryer, I had one last year and returned it because I was sort of confused on how to use it.

Does it give instructions for certain items somewhere?  And I missed it?

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 04:45:02 PM »
There are groups on Facebook.

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
We LOVE lemon pepper chicken here, I think I'll be trying this recipe out when we get an air fryer!
https://www.kleinworthco.com/air-fryer-lemon-pepper-chicken/

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 02:33:57 PM »
I love any kind of lemon with chicken. That recipe looks good.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »
Can chick peas. Drain, rinse, towel dry.
Bit of oil
Seasoning (I just used salt)
15-20 minutes

Can be used as salad topper, but we are currently eating like salted peanuts.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »
Ohh, might have to try that!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »
It’s not something I would make often, but I will make it again.

I took out a few at a time to check until they were done enough for me.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2021, 05:48:34 PM »
Totally forgot about the chick pea recipe. I should make that again.

What brand do you have?

A piece broke off our air fryer. It happened when it was brand new, and T-Fal replaced it free and fast. Same piece broke again and we figured it’s sounding a bit arthritic anyway, so looking at buying a new one.

Does anyone have the Instant Pot one? The Air Fryer oven looks interesting.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 08:54:04 AM »
I was just gifted the Ninja Foodie dual air fryer so it has 2 4qt containers.  Poking in here for recipes.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA