FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Panera  (Read 1876 times)

Description:

Offline Meganx5

Panera
« on: December 25, 2018, 01:35:25 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with Panera?  I mainly want the broccoli and cheese soup.  Peanut/Treenut/Fish/Shellfish

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Panera
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 07:59:21 AM »
There was a lawsuit against one Panera in the Northeast recently for adding peanut butter to a sandwich that was tagged for a Peanut Allergy.  I would hope that led to better training.

That said, I wouldn't go near them with PN, TN allergies.  Nuts are ubiquitous there.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Meganx5

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Oh, no!  I may pick up a container of their premade soup from the store and call about it.  I looked through their menu and internally freaked out when I saw all the nuts they use!

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 11:06:03 AM »
IIRC, there was also a suit against Panera by a former employee for allergy harassment by a manager.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.