login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: FAS "Not Secure" in browser  (Read 20785 times)

Description:

Offline nameless

Re: FAS "Not Secure" in browser
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »
I'll reboot later and try different browsers
but every click on this site - has a pause - pause - then go
just started
and still says not secure - in lots of pages - I see it now. 

anyway my password is BringonSummer2019!**12# 

hahahahaaa….kidding...

<tech support mode>

What browser and what OS are you on (windows/mac)?

Which specific pages? Copy link and paste here.

Try Chrome and see what happens. As already pointed out, it should not show the "Not Secure" but has a little 'i' icon to click and get the info some images are coming from an http address. Could be people's bio pics.

Usual steps:
- clear yo' browser cookies
- shut down and start up your computer...not a restart, but a full shutdown and hard start (it does more resetting of thangs)
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 08:17:42 PM »
Windows and Edge - I know..... I know....but I like it.  Just don't try to use Edge and fill out a form or do anything...…

I'll see what tomorrow and a full restart brings.

I can't copy the "not secure"  - yes it's a little i icon - it says to Be Careful that some content is not encrypted....

I'm going home..... will see what my home system is doing....
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline nameless

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »
Windows and Edge - I know..... I know....but I like it.  Just don't try to use Edge and fill out a form or do anything...…

I'll see what tomorrow and a full restart brings.

I can't copy the "not secure"  - yes it's a little i icon - it says to Be Careful that some content is not encrypted....

I'm going home..... will see what my home system is doing....

...don't need you copy the Not Secure words...copy the URL from the browser and paste here so we can see what the specific pages are that show as Not Secure  :)

I'm not sure what messages Edge will give, but given everything else it seems like it's Edge specific and that if one thing isn't secure, it'll show as Not Secure.

In Chrome, the "Not Secure" or "red broken lock icon" went away when we went back to https, but now it's the little info icon that mentions images.
40+ years dealing with:
New England

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 09:47:02 PM »
That was not fun. But managed to change password. Now pages open slower.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 07:05:55 AM »
I also can not paste a screenshot here, I use Firefox and have been unsecure as well. I was watching to see if it was fixed but I am chiming in this morning.

And I too have long delays.  And I never stay logged in.

In a drop down box when I chose the image of a lock with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it, it says the connection is unsecure and goes on about content like photos are not private.

And yes, the address is https://blah blah

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 07:24:25 AM »
It's showing not secure in Explorer on my computer.  And has been slow.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 07:50:42 AM »
Mine is saying https, and I'm remaining logged in.  But yes, very s-l-o-w this morning.

ETA - I'm using Chrome.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »
Yes, the site is secure save for (as far as I can tell) the one image that's transmitting in HTTP.

I'm not sure why the slowness.  I noticed it last night on my iPad, but I don't notice it on my computer.  I can contact tech support and see if there's a solution.  On my iPad, the loading bar would pause at about 10% and then jump to 100% rather than just a steady pace across the bar, so I'm not really sure if it was taking longer to fully load overall or if it was just a noticeable pause and then a jump to fully loaded for the same amount of overall time.

PC, try logging in by clicking the login button rather than entering your information on the home page.  Then, before submitting make sure to click stay logged in.  That seemed to fix the logging out issue for me.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 12:29:12 PM »
I see "not secure" on this page - this one - the one I'm on....

https://foodallergysupport.olicentral.com/index.php/topic,12456.msg281938/boardseen.html#new  - still using Edge....

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 12:33:25 PM »
Using Chrome - still slow and the little i is there and says that some images might not be secure and hackers could alter them and trick me!

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 12:45:18 PM »
In Chrome the little i is always there......no matter where I go. 

Offline nameless

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
Using Chrome - still slow and the little i is there and says that some images might not be secure and hackers could alter them and trick me!

That's what we are all seeing too (on Chrome) --- the little (i) and then the message about images not being secure. On Edge - it seems their messaging just shows differently, but there aren't any additional issues.

You're good - seeing what we are seeing/experiencing and nothing extra.

Images will do that --- as already pointed out --- like the banner image, folks' avatar images, anything in a post, etc. if it's not coming from an https.
40+ years dealing with:
New England

Offline BensMom

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 11:50:04 AM »
Slow here too, using firefox. I had the locked thing--https, but now posting I have an warning that some parts are not secure ("Parts of this page are not secure, such as images.") Maybe that's the banner thing, but it's only happening in a post screen.

Offline Ciel

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
It’s a bit slow for me (not sure if it’s my internet though). Using Safari.  Otherwise no trouble. I did not have to log in again - never got logged out. Still shows https. Never got any messages about security.

Maybe I didn’t click over to the site at the right time? But still didn’t have to log back in. I haven’t tried posting images, My avatar is fine.

Just posting FYI in case it is useful.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 10:13:05 AM »
I’m not seeing anything in safari. And I haven’t.

It’s just slow//hangs up at about 10% for a second and then loads.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts