login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New Banner  (Read 2105 times)

Description:

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
New Banner
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:24:59 PM »
I’m sure y’all have noticed our new banner. A huge thank you to Macabre for creating our updated design!

As part of the security fixes we’re implementing, it became necessary to change the banner (see the thread in the committee section for details about that). This is not final format, just what I could quickly upload from my iPad. McC is the real brains behind the lovely updated design and will help me with tweaking the parts of the code that need tweaking in order for the banner to be centered, etc. Hopefully the banner will be in final format by the end of this week.

I’d love to hear any feedback and suggestions from everyone and please let me know if you are experiencing any glitches. Thanks!
TX USA

Offline spacecanada

Re: New Banner
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »
I like the new banner.  It's very fresh.  And now, I wonder where to get those food icons, because I'm looking for something consistent for all 10 foods to use on some of my work/personal documents and allergy cards. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »
Space, I bought them online. The set included the Canadian top alllergens, and there are many icon sets that do.

For work, I am able to find many icons for free.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:40:40 PM by Macabre »
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:39:10 PM »
My thoughts: the font needs to be a tad smaller. It overwhelms. And it needs to be moved up a few pixels (and to the right a few pixels for the left-justified banner). But like RC said, we hope to center justify it.

To make the change from web to iPad to mobile, the way the code is currently, it crops from the right to adjust size. So if it’s centered, it won’t actually be centered for all views. We’re hoping to change the code this week.

I pulled from the two chief colors of our previous banner. I initially incorporated the FARE teal, but it didn’t quite work.

In addition to the US top allergens, I included the additional top allergens from Canada, except for sulphites which aren’t IgE-mediated anyway and also the icon was out of place—and this was busy enough.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:56:03 PM by Macabre »

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »
Oh, I asked about this above.  Repeating here.  I like the new banner but why does it revert back to the old one when I log in?

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 05:22:32 PM »
I’m guessing you need to clear your cache.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 06:05:42 PM »
Tried that, no luck.  Interesting though, after clearing it, the home page was secure until I logged in and now it is no longer secure and it is the old banner.  Should I change something here in my profile?  I've never updated anything in it.