FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Epi Pens, Inhalers, phones, & SBAC Testing  (Read 6159 times)

Description:

Offline gufyduck

Epi Pens, Inhalers, phones, & SBAC Testing
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »
I came across this information as part of my job, and thought it might be helpful for those who have students taking the SBAC test this spring.  The info I'm sharing is specific to California, but assume it is similar for other states using the SBAC test.

In SBAC testing there is something called a designated support.  These are tools that can help ANY student if they are recommended.  I often set students up to have a different screen color if monitors bother their eyes or for items (not passages) to be read to them if they struggle in reading.  Quoting the CA manual
(Designated Supports) are available for use by any student for whom the need has been indicated by an educator (or team of educators working with the parent/guardian and student)

There is a new designated support this year for medical devices.  Including phones. 
Medical Device

Description:
Students may have access to an electronic device for medical purposes (e.g., Glucose Monitor). The device may include a cell phone, and should only support the student during testing for medical reasons.

Use:
Follow local policies regarding medical devices and ensure students’ health is the highest priority.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Epi Pens, Inhalers, phones, & SBAC Testing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
Thanks, gufyduck. It’s great to see you!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts