FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Walmart Online Ordering  (Read 1914 times)

Description: Food Samples Included

Offline Janelle205

Walmart Online Ordering
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:47:41 AM »
I like to buy things in bulk, some things are unwieldy to purchase large quantities of at the store, and delivery means I don't have to expose myself to asthma triggers at the store.

My last Walmart order included free samples of gummy bears with my most potent allergen as one of the ingredients.  I realize that few people have anaphylaxis to apple, but these also have a shared facility warning for milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, almonds and coconut. 

Obviously I'm pretty unhappy about this.

There was nothing in the order to suggest that gummy bears would be a good addition - the order was just two flats of Similac infant formula.  (Do not ask how much that costs, you do not want to know.)

Past orders have mostly been bulk drink mix, diapers, wipes, more formula and baby food pouches.  Nothing that suggests that I would want gummy bears.

So watch out for that. Especially if you have younger allergy kids who might not always use great judgement, because hey, FREE CANDY!   >:(