FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Beyond Meat Causes Allergic Reactions in PA Individuals  (Read 2119 times)

Description: Concentrated Pea Protein Responsible

Offline GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Beyond Meat Causes Allergic Reactions in PA Individuals
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 04:05:30 PM »
UGH!  Thanks for posting.  Just sent link to DD with a message to read the whole article!  She is currently experimenting with meat alternatives in her diet.

Offline candyguru

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:09:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I never eat veggie burgers as they often contain legumes. As peanuts are a legume so I avoid veggie burgers (my daughter has severe allergic reactions to lentils and split peas).

For those with milk allergy, please note Daiya dairy free cheese products contain pea protein as well, along with K-Toos gluten free cookies.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Online spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 10:26:11 PM »
Earth a lance corporal twins pea protein as well. I have never had an issue with it, though I suspect the concentration in Beyond burgers is much higher.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum