login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Dd passed her final PN challenge after desensitization  (Read 6750 times)

Description:

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Dd passed her final PN challenge after desensitization
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 02:38:17 PM »
 :grouphug:

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
I agree it’s good that it happened at home, and hopefully it was a good lesson learned under controlled conditions and she’ll take her allergies seriously, and won’t be afraid to Epi if necessary. But it still stinks.  :disappointed:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 09:15:25 PM »
I'm sorry, aggie. How has she been doing this week? I tend to need a little TLC after anaphylaxis. Hugs to both of you!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline aggiedog

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2019, 06:44:09 AM »
She's fine.  She took it easy Wednesday, and by Thursday was back at things full force.  The allergist wants us to go back up to Dallas for testing.  I'm not sure we will.  We know she's allergic, so we'll avoid.  She already carries epi's.  Doing skin testing or blood work isn't going to change any thing, and we won't be doing any sort of desensitization at this point.  Not with senior year classes and then starting college - she just can't miss that much.