login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Do you trust Amazon to buy your PN/TN free stuff?  (Read 4290 times)

Description:

Offline Meganx5

Do you trust Amazon to buy your PN/TN free stuff?
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
Back in the day, I'd use Peanut Free Planet for my Kit Kats and Mars bars, but I don't even think that site is around anymore.  So I went to Amazon and they have everything plus so many other PN/TN free things..  I found granola and candy bars I want to get but I want to see if others use it too, and if things are 'legit'?

Offline spacecanada

Re: Do you trust Amazon to buy your PN/TN free stuff?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »
I buy brand name items I trust from Amazon Prime quite often and they have always arrived just as described. I would question anything from Amazon third party sellers (not Prime), though, especially if one product from that brand is safe and another is not. Worst case you report the item received did not match the description and get a refund.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »
In Canada we have No Nuts About Us, a small online company that only sells products made in facilities completely free from PN and TN.  You could see if she ships to America, thorough oddly enough she imports many items from there.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 03:09:49 PM »
Yes I do. When people have promised to send me stuff they haven’t followed through.
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 04:52:43 PM »
As said previously, I would be concerned with third party sellers.  I ordered one brand of food prep gloves and received a different brand...in my case it made no difference so I didn’t do anything about it.

Offline bleh

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 08:15:31 PM »
I bought peanut free quaker oats granola bars off amazon. It was not shipped by amazon but I know amazon will refund me if I have any issues.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)