login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Baking Powder?  (Read 2530 times)

Description: Looking for options

Offline spacecanada

Baking Powder?
« on: August 13, 2019, 09:02:53 AM »
Does anyone know of a baking powder that is made in a top-8-free facility?

After my recent string of reactions I am heavily scrutinizing every ingredient in the kitchen. The baking powder we have been using for over ten years is made by Kraft and I know they will give me vague allergen details, if anything at all. So now I am looking for a new one, guaranteed free from my known allergens, anyway.

Yes, I know I can mix baking powder and vinegar, but it doesn’t always work the same.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Baking Powder?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
Was just coming to post the same company...they make a number of different ones, we use Rumford

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:05:00 AM »
Thank you.  I've never seen their brands here, besides Fleishman's corn starch and yeast, but I've sent in a request for more details on the facility and my non top-8 allergens as well.  (Fleishman's corn starch in some sizes is made in a facility with top allergens, at least in Canada.)

Other recommendations are welcome.  Canadian brands would be nice also.  (I can import from America, if needed.)

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 01:35:27 PM »
Clabber Girl products and their associated brands are made in a facility with milk, soy, almonds, and coconut.  That won’t work for me... as we won’t buy anything with shared facility with tree nuts. The search continues...