FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Reactions & Stories

Ana Reaction at Work (K-8 Public School)

<< < (3/3)

hezzier:
I know you don't want to switch but the AuviQ comes with a trainer as well.

Macabre:
That makes a lot if sense. We use both. We always kept Epis at school, but DS personally carried auvis, and with his peers, we liked that it would guide them through administration. And he trained his closest friends.

But yeah, if epis are working for you, no need to change.

gufyduck:
Had a follow up with my doctor.  I do have a new action plan similar to what many here have.  One symptom after eating equals epi from here on out.  There are two exceptions - hives suspected to be from a contact reaction or explainable asthma attacks.  I forgot to ask about reactions without eating, but I will epi if I suspect it is a reaction. 

My doctor was horrified that in the ambulance, it was left as my call to get more epi when my lips and tongue started to swell again.  She said that should have been an automatic. 

As for the food allergy vs. the flu shot question, she agrees it is likely food given the timing.  Because of ending up on steroids after getting my flu shot, she does want me to get another one, as the steroids could have reduced my immune response to it.  However, this will be done in her office, which is right across the street from a hospital. 

I'm getting used to having a much tighter comfort zone.  Still working on finding safe packaged choices, but I have this week off of work for fall break, so plenty of time to make calls. 

spacecanada:
This is great to hear, other than the ambulance situation - that's scary, agreed.  I've had paramedics give me more epi at the first sign of any new/reappearing symptoms.  If you need product suggestions, many of us have long lists of safe foods for a variety of allergens; just ask. 

Interesting to learn about the flu shot being potentially nullified by the steroids.  Good call! 

I hope you're feeling better.   :grouphug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version