FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Water Cake: no eggs, no milk, no butter  (Read 1431 times)

Description:

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Water Cake: no eggs, no milk, no butter
« on: December 23, 2019, 10:02:55 AM »
https://www.lacucinaitaliana.com/trends/healthy-food/how-to-cook-water-cake-no-eggs-no-milk-no-butter

So I made this cake yesterday and liked the flavor, could have used more lemon so many the zest of 2 lemons or some fresh squeezed lemon juice in place of the OJ.

The problem was that I could not find Italian 00 flour so subbed in all purpose flour so I think it was a little heavier than it should have been.  Wondering if cake flour would work better?  Or if there is another way to lighten it up?

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Water Cake: no eggs, no milk, no butter
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:19:12 PM »
This cake would be great with the lemon glaze from my mom's lemon bread which I am now craving and haven't made in decades.

1/4 C sugar dissolved in the juice from 1 lemon poured over it right out of the oven.

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Water Cake: no eggs, no milk, no butter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »
Maybe with some homes pokes in with a long skewer, so the lemon juice really penetrates. Yum.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US