FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Welcome > Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Adult with longterm food allergies, have to feed baby allergens

<< < (2/2)

Alvin:
I am also replying to this old thread because I had a seriously bad abdominal pain, diarrhoea and subsequently watery stools. I thought I share it here in case someone’s goes through the same “sh**” as me.
It was a long process with severe diarrhoea and abdominal pains recurring every 5-7  days. Did stool test but no parasites or the usual bacteria/virus suspects. Finally did a blood test and high eosinophils was detected. Retook it a week after but the results are still high but lower than the first. It was almost 1 month and the watery stools and pain subsided but got worse on some instances.
Did a blood test again 1 month and and found the high eosinophils again.
I did make a big discovery with some research, every time I had a big diarrhoea episode, I had eaten shiitake mushrooms. I stopped eating it but had an episode, I later found that the soup I drank had shiitake mushroom powder. Research has shown that shiitake mushrooms causes eosinophilia and abdominal pains and diarrhoea.
A lot of food has shiitake mushroom ingredients especially East Asia food. I realised that shiitake is cooked with other mushrooms or other food and used as an ingredient in soups. Please take note and it could be the cause of your allergy. Hope this helps someone out there. Happy to talk more about this whole incident.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version