FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Delallo pasta  (Read 1326 times)

Description:

Offline MandCmama

Delallo pasta
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:05:46 PM »
Due to (I’m assuming) the pandemic, we can no longer find our Dececco pasta. It’s our go- to due to severe egg allergy. I plan on calling, but is anyone familiar with Delallo’s labeling policies? It seems to be what Wegman’s is filling in with. Thanks all! Stay safe❤️
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline spacecanada

Re: Delallo pasta
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:28:36 PM »
I haven't heard of Delallo, but if you need another completely egg-free pasta, Tinkyada rice pasta and Chickapea chickpea pastas are made in egg-free facilities. 

Per their website, it looks like they produce at least one variety of pasta with egg and a few labels say 'may contain egg' but most others are listed as being made in an egg and nut free facility so it looks like they have some safe options.  Their website has quite a bit of information, actually.  Hopefully you can find Delallo's contact information and call for specifics. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline MandCmama

Re: Delallo pasta
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 02:26:46 PM »
In case anyone is interested... I received a very detailed answer. They DO NOT label for “May contains”; HOWEVER, all of their dried pasta (semolina, whole wheat and organic) are made in an egg free facility, with the EXCEPTION OF lasagna, manicotti and large shell noodles.

The gentleman I spoke with said that the decision to not label may contains was made due to real estate on the packaging and this is the most common phone call they get. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:28:20 PM by MandCmama »
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)