login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: 88 Acres  (Read 1423 times)

Description:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
88 Acres
« on: July 13, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »
Got a free sample from this company in our meat share today.  It was for the pumpkin seed butter.  We haven’t tried it yet, but the packaging reflected their products are made in a dedicated bakery free of peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, and sesame.  They have several products, including protein bars. Also, if you read their story, they run a very ethical business, trying to create jobs in an urban area that needs them, offering above minimum wage, benefits, opportunities.  I think we’ll give the protein bars a try.  They are pricey, and I’d like to have dd try them before spending $50...  Maybe they are in a local retail place around here.

https://88acres.com/
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline GoingNuts

Re: 88 Acres
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 04:15:58 PM »
I’ve tried their protein bars and really liked them. I’ve never seen them again though.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
That’s good to know.  Looks like Whole Foods carries those around here.  I found smaller farm/produce/health food markets here that have some other products.  There’s a chipotle dressing that looks good, at 4 net carbs.  Might be a good bbq sauce sub for me.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 05:07:29 PM »
They have an online store. I bought some of their bars from Intentional Foods whilst in Mesa, AZ last November but never got to try them. (Long story)  They contain flaxseed, so I gave them to my husband and he enjoyed them.

In Canada, No Nuts About Us www.nonutssboutus.ca sells several of their products also.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
Becca- Target carries their spreads (in jars and packets).  I will occasionally buy DD the chocolate sunbutter one since she can't have Nutella in the house.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »
I got a sample this morning as well (Becca and I get our meat from the same service).  I just put it on the counter as I unpacked and haven't really looked at the label or opened it.
USA

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 04:14:12 PM »
It would probably be much easier to deal with in a jar.  I kneaded the packet to kind of mix it before opening, but it wasn't enough.  It was still very separated, with the oily part spilling out all over, and the thicker part hard to squeeze out, so it was pretty messy.  And the color is very unappealing.  But DS and I tried it on crackers, and the flavor is good.  So aside from the unappetizing color, it would be good in the jar.
USA